In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Register For The 2017 KEZK Holiday Lights Photo Contest
- CMA Country Christmas Stars Answer Christmas Trivia
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Are Holiday Cards Still Relevant?
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Trish’s Dishes: Crunchy Jalepeno Mac & Cheese
- Get Ready for Small Business Saturday
- 2017 Thanksgiving by the Numbers
- Rachel Platten Reveals Her Family’s Odd Thanksgiving Tradition
- Sia Shares Star-Studded ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ Video