Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- 5 Little-Known Thanksgiving Etiquette Rules
- Beyoncé Revealed as the Richest Woman in Music
- Traffic ‘Cone Weed’ Is Town’s Christmas Miracle
- Rihanna Graces Three ‘Vogue Paris’ Covers
- PHOTOS: Matt Carpenter Shares Adorable Photos Of His 2-Week-Old Son
- Man Gets Down to Michael Jackson
- Bruno Mars Shares ’24K Magic Live at the Apollo’ Trailer: Watch
- Justin Bieber Stars as Imaginary Boyfriend in German T-Mobile Ad
- Pink Denying She Dissed Christina Aguilera’s AMA Tribute to Whitney Houston
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honor at the AMAs