Duran Duran is taking their own Chicago-based fan club to court.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times (via Consequence of Sound), the ’80s rockers are suing Worldwide Fan Clubs, a service that creates and manages fan clubs for its clients. Duran Duran had used the service since signing an agreement in 2010, but are now claiming that the fan club did not keep adequate financial records or make payments to the band.
The contract between the two parties reportedly specified that Worldwide would helm the band’s merch, maintain fan club records, collect membership fees and keep accurate accounting records relating to the agreement.
In all, Duran Duran was supposed to receive 75 percent of all profits, while Worldwide would garner the remaining 25 percent.
The band is reportedly seeking $40,000 in damages.