You know that dreadful feeling you get when you randomly see someone you went to high school with and you have no desire to talk to them? Thought Catalog knows that feeling well. Here is the site’s list of 10 things that happen when you run into the folks from your teenage years that you never wanted to see again:
– You settle your nerves with an extra drink (or two, or three).
– You pretend to like people who made your life a living hell, just to be civil.
– You become filled with sass, anger and attitude that you’re not afraid to express.
– If it’s a high-school boyfriend/girlfriend or an old fling, then you just try to hide.
– You find yourself having the same conversation you have with anyone from high school.
– Both good and bad moments from high school come flooding back into your memory.
– You realize how stupid and childish your worries were in high school.
– You realize how stupid and childish people were in high school.
– You secretly rejoice at your old worst enemy’s shortcomings.