In honor of Sunday being National Grandparents’ Day, the most common words of wisdom we get form our grandparents include…
This Sunday is National Grandparents’ Day, and according to a new survey, 64% of us say our grandparents have had a profound impact on our lives . . . and 56% pass on things we learn from them to our own kids. Here are the ten most common ‘words of wisdom’ we get from our grandparents . . .
1. “A leopard never changes its spots.”
2. “A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.”
3. “A watched pot never boils.”
4. “Treat others as you would like to be treated.”
5. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
6. “An hour before midnight is worth two after.” In other words, don’t stay up too late.
7. “Be nice to people on the way up, because you’ll meet them on the way down.”
8. “Cleanliness is next to godliness.”
9. “Don’t leave until tomorrow what you can do today.”
10. “Don’t let the sun go down on your anger.”
Click Here to see more.