A website recently looked at Census data from 2012 to find the jobs where you’re most likely to end up marrying a co-worker, or someone who’s in the same industry. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Farming, fishing, and forestry. 25% of married people in those industries are with someone who’s ALSO in the industry.
2. Management, 19%.
3. Sales, 18%.
4. Education, 16%.
5. Healthcare practitioners, meaning doctors nurses, and medical technicians, 16%.
6. Industrial production, meaning factory workers, 16%.
7. Legal services, 15%.
8. Cleaning and maintenance workers, 15%.
9. Restaurant workers, 14%.
10. Computer science and math, 13%.
The study looked at 25 different industries, and the mining and oil industries came in last with 1%, probably because there aren’t many women in those jobs.