In honor of Halloween, directory service Whitepages recently compiled a list of real people who share names with horror movie icons. Michael Meyers is the most common — despite the fact that he is best known as the serial killer in the Halloween movies. Meanwhile, there are also plenty of people who share a name with horror author Stephen King. Also disturbing is the fact that there are not one, but two Freddy Kruegers in Washington state. Here are the 13 most common horror names in the U.S., along with the respective states that have the most residents baring that moniker:
1. Michael Myers (Halloween): 4,282; 333 in Ohio.
2. Stephen King (author): 2,068; 168 in Texas.
3. Norman Bates (Psycho): 96; nine in Texas.
4. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th): 30; four each in Pennsylvania, California and New York.
5. Annie Wilkes (Misery): 25; 10 in Georgia.
6. Jack Torrance (The Shining): 10; two in California.
7. Wes Craven (director): Seven; two in North Carolina.
8. Alfred Hitchcock (director): Seven; two each in Maryland and California.
9. Max Cady (Cape Fear): Six; three in Florida.
10. Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street): Five; two in Washington.
11. Donnie Darko (Donnie Darko): Four; three in Pennsylvania.
12. Samara Morgan (The Ring): Two; one each in Texas and North Dakota.
13. Damien Thorn (The Omen): One in California.
Do you know anyone that has the same name as one of these movie characters?