Everyone loves a bargain, and St. Louis hosts many places to find one — from fresh produce to homemade crafts to upscale clothing and designers suits. Whether you’re looking for a novelty gift item or for a suit to wear to an important job interview, one of the best thrift stores and flea markets in St. Louis has just what you need at a fraction of the retail cost. Make sure you follow these 6 tips to get the best bang for your buck:
1. Buy It! – If you see something you really like, buy it!
2. Leave your number(s). “If you see something you like but the price is a little bit outside of your budget, leave an offer with your highest bid and phone number.
3. Bring small bills—you don’t want to debate over $5 or $10 dollars, then pay with a $50 dollar bill.
4. Be prepared – Spontaneous shopping is fun, but if you are shopping for a specific piece make that needs to match make sure you bring your color palate with you!
5. Buyer beware – Be sure to thoroughly investigate what you are purchasing before buying it.
6. Keep an open mind and a good attitude – Just a little touch of paint can really help something old look brand new!
Other must-haves: Comfortable shoes, a good attitude, and a willingness to dig—these are the keys to a successful secondhand shopping adventure!