A three day weekend is ahead, but what to do with all that free time?
Well, here are five great options in the St. Louis area:
- Saint Louis Zoo- Any weekend is perfect for the zoo really. But one of St. Louis’ best free attractions is going to stay open late this weekend for a Prairie Farms Summer Zoo Weekend.
- Applefest at Eckert’s- Just one of the many food-related events on the list, Eckert’s Orchards in either Belleville or Grafton, Illinois are the perfect family-fun day.
- Labor Day Parades- Take your choice between downtown St. Louis or Belleville, Illinois’ annual parade. The Missouri side begins at 9 a.m., while the Illinois parade starts at 10 a.m.
- Midwest Wing Fest- Not much more needs to be said. Just be in St. Clair, Illinois on Friday or Saturday and you’ll quickly learn what it’s all about.
- St. Nicholas Greek Festival- More of that great food you can find this weekend will be at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Friday through Monday. Plus there will be plenty of live music and traditional Greek dancers.