A new survey found the average ages when people think it’s the right time for kids to hit different milestones.
1. Get an allowance . . . 10 years old.
2. Go on a sleepover . . . 11.
3. Have the sex talk with you . . . 12-and-a-half. (ahem….coughing fit….umm, I think that depends on the kid and/or the parent!)
4. Stay home alone . . . 13-and-a-half.
5. Get their first cell phone . . . 14. (I think the listener suggestion of “when they can pay for it themselves” has real merit.)
6. Wear makeup . . . 15. (My daughter is seven…let’s revisit in another ten years or so.)
7. Have their first kiss . . . 15. (See above!)
8. Get a job . . . 15-and-a-half.
9. Go on their first date . . . 16.
10. Go to their first concert . . . 16-and-a-half.
Click Here to read more.