Halloween is just around the corner, and Buzzfeed has put together a list of secrets that haunted house workers won’t tell you. Here they are (for the full list, check out the link):
- The more scared you look, the more likely you are to be picked on.
- If you don’t react to their scares, the actors will generally just move on and try to scare someone else.
- The worst customers that come through are those that are drunk, or annoying teenagers.
- It’s rare for patrons to have a heart attack in the house, but panic attacks do commonly occur.
- People regularly vomit and sometimes even pee or poop their pants out of fear.
- When you see a person with a chainsaw, it’s typically a real electric chainsaw without its chain.
- The actors do laugh at people’s reactions, but masks and drop doors help hide their laughter.
- The houses often have secret hallways and false doors for the actors, which makes taking bathroom and water breaks easier for them.
- Actors can tell when you punch out of reflex, and are pretty understanding in those situations.
- It’s not uncommon for scare actors to lose their voice from all the screaming they have to do.
Click here to see the full list!